- 100g spice paste
- 50g chilli paste
- 1 tbsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 4 kaffir lime leaves
- 4 tbsp kicap manis sweet sauce
- 500g beef shin, cut into cubes
- 200ml oil
- 500ml Kara UHT Coconut Cream
- 2.5 litres water
- 1 tsp salt
Spice Paste (Basic Rempah)
- 200g shallots
- 30g garlic
- 90g lemongrass
- 80g galangal
- 40g ginger
- 20g belacan
- 50g candlenuts (buah keras)
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 280g jasmine rice, wash and drain
- 4 tbsp Kara UHT Coconut Cream
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 350ml water
- 2 pandan leaves
- some fried shallots
- toasted desiccated coconut
- fried shallots
- coriander leaves
- sliced green chilli
- Prepare Spice Paste: In a high-speed food processor, add all ingredients according to sequence and blend into a fine paste.
- Heat oil and sauté Spice Paste until fragrant. Add chilli paste and fry. Add coriander and cumin powder, and fry until fragrant.
- Add kaffir lime leaves and beef. Add Kara UHT Coconut Cream and mix well. Add water and kicap manis.
Bring to a boil and simmer for 2 hours.
- Stir occasionally until beef is tender and sauce thickens.
- Season with salt. Garnish and serve with Nasi Kunyit
- In a cooking pot, add rice, Kara UHT Coconut Cream, turmeric powder, salt and water. Bring to a boil and add pandan leaves.
- Cover pot with foil and bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove and leave to cool for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove foil and pandan leaves. Scoop rice on a serving plate and garnish with fried shallots.
Serving portion: 4 persons