- 1kg fresh fish fillets (such as moki or blue cod)
- 4-5 lemons
- 3-4 spring onions, chopped
- 1 small cucumber, peeled, seeds removed and cut into pieces
- 2-3 tomatoes, chopped
- 2 coloured peppers, sliced
- 400mL Kara UHT Coconut Cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- Wash the fish fillets and cut into small bite-sized pieces and put into a bowl.
- Squeeze the lemons and pour juice over the fish.
- Mix well, cover and put in the fridge to marinate for anything from half an hour if you are in a hurry, to overnight if you are preparing ahead.
- Slice the spring onions, the tomatoes and seeded peppers.
- Peel the cucumber, slice in half lengthwise and scrape out the seeds with a teaspoon. Cut into bite-sized pieces.
- Take the fish from the fridge, add the cucumber, tomatoes, peppers and spring onions.
- Pour Kara UHT Coconut Cream over and mix well.
- Taste, adding salt and pepper as needed.
- Serve chilled with taro, cassava or kumara.